5 Fantastic Websites to Use as Alternatives to HiFX
While it can seem daunting to make an international money transfer, the process is becoming easier and easier. HiFX is a money transfer company that can help you send money overseas. If you're thinking of using them, or if you've used them before, you might be wondering if they are the best option. The truth is, there are many alternatives to HiFX that we also think are worth a mention.
5 Similar Sites to HiFX
While HiFX do offer good exchange rates a lot of the time, there are other companies that might suit you better. In this article we have a look at some of HiFX’s competitors that offer similar services and see how they stack up.
OFX have an easy to use website and app. So if you like doing everything online, either could be a good option. They are also one of the larger global transfer companies. They also have a similar fee structure, only charging a fee for transfers under $10,000
OFX support international money transfers from over 190 countries in more than 55 currencies. If you’re making an online transfer, it is definitely worth looking at OFX as an alternative to HiFX.
- Great exchange rates across a range of currencies and amounts.
- Also does not charge fees for transfers more than $10,000.
- Access to 24/7 customer support.
Learn more about OFX
TransferWise is a peer to peer money transfer service. This makes the way they transfer your money slightly different to HiFX. Having said this, they’re just as secure and their website is even more user friendly. The company’s headquarters is in London and they have offices in New York and Tallinn.
TransferWise is often recognised for its fast transfers and highly competitive exchange rates. As an alternative to HiFX, TransferWise is a better option for smaller transfers up to $10,000.
- Offers the real exchange rate, based on the mid-market rate.
- Fees are based on a percentage of transfer amount.
- Straightforward and easy to use online through their app.
Learn more about TransferWise
If you want to use a large and established company, XE could be the one for you. They are a really good option for making transfers online. Unlike HiFX who charge a fee for transfers under $10,000, XE do not charge any fees. They generally have competitive exchange rates in the same way HiFX do.
Owned by Euronet and home to xe.com, the company has an incredibly wide reach. They are able to transfer money to bank accounts in many countries worldwide, and don’t charge fees no matter how much you’re sending.
- Have competitive exchange rates.
- They don't charge any fees or commission for making a transfer.
- Large and well established global reach.
Learn more about XE Money Transfers
Like HiFX, WorldFirst is a UK based company. They offer money transfer services for both individuals and businesses alike. While their headquarters is located in London, they have offices spanning throughout Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, the Netherlands and USA.
WorldFirst has a minimum transfer amount of $2,000, which is a lot higher than HiFX. However, WorldFirst don’t charge any fees for making an international money transfer no matter the amount.
- Good exchange rates for amounts between $2,000 and $10,000.
- No direct fees for making a transfer.
- Access to customer service for small business and corporate customers.
Learn more about WorldFirst
If you have an account, you may have considered making an international money transfer with PayPal. They are one of the world’s most popular payment systems to purchase goods and pay for services. It is a convenient way to transfer money to people in the same country and internationally, if they also use PayPal.
If you’re thinking of using PayPal as an alternative to HiFX, it’s important to keep a couple of things in mind. Firstly, the person you’re sending money to must also have a PayPal account. Secondly, know that HiFX will generally be cheaper than PayPal.
- They are good for sending money within the same country, but can be expensive internationally.
- Accept a variety of payment methods.
- If you’ve used them before, the process is very straightforward.