The Best Places to Buy Euros in the USA
How to Euros online, at a bank or on the move
Often this is the best way to buy euros. Once you've paid for it, you can pick it the currency from the airport, a store or even have it delivered to your door.
- To get free shipping, order over $1000
- Allow some time. It takes a minimum of 2 working days to get your currency
- There is a minimum order of $50
Banks do offer a wide range of currencies that you can buy but make sure you spend your foreign currency overseas because you might not be able to convert it back to dollars when you get back home.
In some cases, you can choose to receive your order in small, large or mixed denominations but it is subject to availability.
Foreign Currency Exchange
Money changers can be the cheapest way to buy euros. The problem is, it can be a hard to find them outside of the city and they regularly run out of less common currencies.
- The exchange rates are better in major cities. So it can be worth going there if you're exchanging more than $2,000
- Always ask for a better rate. We've found you can often get a better deal just by asking, particularly if you're buying more than $1000
Yes, you can buy currency at the airport. But that doesn't mean you should. While it's convenient, it's also very expensive.
- Ordering it online and picking it up at the airport is much cheaper than buying it in person
- If you've run out of time before your trip, it's might be better to buy your currency when you get overseas, or use your cards instead